Saturday, September 23, 2006

Julianne Slept Here

I arrived, safe and sound, in London on Friday afternoon and went straight to my new flat in Notting Hill. Great neighborhood, posh digs, more space then i know what to do with (with the exception that there is only one tiny dresser with a couple of drawers. where will i stash my dainties??)

Here are some pics of the place:


The "drawing room." That's real art, people!


My bedroom. Where the magic happens. Ew.


A view of the living room. I'm considering putting in a bowling alley.


Maid's quarters. Or for guests -- book early for cheap flights!


The garden. There's a lock on it. I have no key. Why must they taunt me??

Looks aside, I have (of course) uncovered all sorts of flaws to the place, too dull to recount here. Except I will vent about the fact that the place boasts "high speed wireless" and "SKY satellite tv" yet here I sit at Starbucks using their wireless and last night I watched an old and very fuzzy rerun of Columbo.

I put a call in to the realters in charge of letting the place and got put through the the wrong person. The guy said: "I haven't put anyone in that flat since I placed Julianne Moore there three years ago." La-di-da!

2 comments:

MsYvone said...

How utterly Swank! ~ THe Luxury of an all white decor, one I'll never see with a dog, two cats and a 9month old. I'm coming over to visit.

Gina said...

You know... I haven't been to England since 1987.