Friday, September 22, 2006

So Long, Farethewell, Pip Pip, Cheerio

It's Thursday, September 21 and I am about to embark on yet another international adventure. My faithful readers (both of you, ha ha) may remember the good old days when I would post so faithfully and regale you all with my tales of victory and defeat in the Land of the Rising Sun.

This time I am off to more familiar lands -- moving to London on a business venture. I won't bore you with the details - same company, same kind of job, different city, blah blah blah.

The exciting part is that I will be travelling extensively (should we take bets on how long it will take before that doesn't sound so exciting any more?) I've already been to Switzerland several times (my client is based there, so I'll be spending a lot of time there), Paris, and Philadelphia. OK, Philly's not so exciting, butI was there on business and I did see a guy dressed like Ben Franklin so it sort of counts.

In the very near future: Mexico and Budapest!

Right now, I am sitting in the departures area at JFK, waiting to board my flight to London. I'm annoyed because I was randomly upgraded to first class (yea!) but this is such a late flight that the Lounge was closed (boo!) so I'm sitting among the mere mortals. That's OK. I plan to mock them later as I sip fizzy wine and abuse the flight attendants.

Ugh - annoying cell phone user to the right. It's almost time for my Ambien.

Cheers!

1 comment:

MsYvone said...

Oh Colleen, I am SO jealous! I've always wanted to live in London. Have a wonderful time, and hope you blog all about it!