Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just What Business is This?

Tuesday, Sept 26

Another very early morning. The President of the local office offered to drive our group to our meeting. When we got outside, we found a chauffer-driven, armored, 10-seater SUV. I couldn’t help thinking, “who, exactly, is going to be shooting at us?”

Always eager to make a good impression, I wasted no time in making my presence known to the President and his minions. I had been taking Airborne in a futile attempt to stop the onset of infectious disease. They have this new kind called “on the go!” that you just pour into a bottle of water. I neglected to read the instructions, of course, and poured the effervescent powder into a full bottle of Evian. The resulting geyser of sticky, lime green bubbles that coated the leather seats of the Pres-Mobile certainly got me noticed! The Pres is a bit of a gangster in my opinion. Based on the look he gave me, I felt like I should call my family and tell them to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!.

(Re-enactment Photos; don't try this at home:)




Our meeting went well; they do business very differently down here, so who can say?
(Daniel after the meeting):


I did get to take some daylight pictures of the McCann office:





We worked until about 6 pm (there goes my pool time) and went straight back to the hotel. Did I mention that the Four Seasons give you bottled water to use to brish your teeth? Schmancy!



I was too tired and sick to eat. But, I lucked out and was able to get an appointment at the hotel spa. It was the best thing I’d done all week.

No comments: