Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Long Goodbyes

Saturday, September 30


Today I drove down to Philadelphia in the morning to take Delilah to my Aunt’s place. I’m planning on bringing her with me to London as soon as possible. But, according to the UK, dangerous, infectious Yorkie-Poos pose a serious threat to public health and therefore must serve a sort of quarantine before entering the country.

Getting Delilah travel-ready has been a frustrating and ridiculous process. There is a checklist of tasks to complete and forms to fill out. I already screwed it up once, because I did some of the tasks out of order. I had to start over again which meant that the pooch had to be re-vaccinated for rabies. She was not amused.

So now, hopefully, everything is done. Now begins the 6-month countdown until I can bring her into the UK. I feel worse for me than for her. The next 6 months are going to be full of treats, lots of attentions, and lost of stairs to run up and down.

The cats are another story. I don’t think they would do well with a trip like that. Not to mention that poor Pogo has the Sugar. So, I’ve decided to try and find alternate homes for them for the year. If anyone out there is interested, or knows someone – let me know.

I had lunch with my family while I was down in Philly and then drove right back to NYC for a farewell cocktail party hosted by Barry and Bill in their fabulous W Village pad. It was a very laid-back affair, which I enjoyed because I am still hacking up a lung and not entirely sure what time zone I’m in.

No comments: