Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dinner Engagements

Despite the very busy week, I did find time for social pursuits. On Wednesday, the Pres asked me to have dinner with him and one of the other upper level Japanese managers. Between my multiple presentations, their business with the Aussie, and another minor earthquake, the three of us were so busy that we didn’t leave the office until almost 9:00 pm.

The restaurant, Wanofu (Japanese taste), was close to our office and is the “branch” location of a very popular place in Nabe” style (kind of like fondu), and lots of sake.

The conversation was a little stilted at first, but the sake helped. I think these guys are finally getting used to me. Too bad I’ll be gone in a week!

On Thursday, I met a few friends at Toriyoshi (my new obsession) for beer and wings. I love that place. The highlight was discovering that they have free toothbrushes in the ladies room! Masaaki was disappointed to learn that the men’s room had no such amenities.

Free toothbrushes!

No comments: