Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Friday Night Recap

Friday night I had drinks with M. and a gang of people from the office. We met at the Old Imperial Lounge at the Imperial Hotel. It's an old fashioned bar, but I liked the vibe. There were lots of older non-japanese businessmen. I feel like there was major 2nd or 3rd wife potential. (Can I be a trophy wife?) Maybe on my next low self-esteem day.

M is a recent Tokyo re-transplant (via New Jersey) and is acclimating to life in the bullpen. We all laughed knowingly and sympathetically when he complained that he has to share a very small workspace with several other people (damn you, loud typing guy!) and is actually expected to occasionally answer other people’s phones (stand your ground, M!).

Unfortunately, I completely forgot that I had my camera with me, so there are no embarrassing pictures of anyone. I only remembered it when I was in the lobby of the Imperial, fending off old goats and waiting for a taxi to take me home.

By the way, I shared a cab with one of my co-workers and the driver had free snacks and drinks for us! That's what I call living the good life.

Abandoned sweat towel, 11:30 PM, Imperial Hotel.

No comments: