Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Finally Getting Some Sleep

On Saturday morning I got on the train to Nara, which is about 30 minutes from Kyoto. Several people recommended it (as do all the guidebooks) so I wanted to make sure I fit it in before I leave Japan.

When I got into Nara at about 1PM it was pouring. In the cab on the way to the hotel, the driver said, "Typhoon. Very bad." Oy.

The good news is that the tragically bad weather gave me the perfect excuse to snooze the afternoon away in my hotel room.

The Nara Hotel

I woke up in search of food. Once I realized that the Nara Hotel specializes in unimpressive, overpriced food ("Hamburg Steak" = $30USD), I ventured out into the rain. I was the only customer in Masagoya, a cute little place owned by a sweet married couple. I had a great meal and they gave me a present before I left: a beautiful photo of one of the temples in Nara.

Masagoya Owners, Nara


Had to get one of me in there, too.

The Meal.

Later, I went back to my cave-like room and watched Japanese kids shows before falling into a coma.

Thank God the box step is alive and well in Japan.


I just love the daisy dukes.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh Lord! You could have probably slept through a building collapse at that point.