Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Retraction

In an earlier post, I said the the Aussie looked like a "Varsity Captain Bligh."

Turns out, Captain Bligh was neither one-eyed, nor a pirate. He was the guy from "Mutiny on the Bounty." Hmmm. So, I tried to find another famous, one-eyed pirate other than Hook (because the Aussie doesn't have a hook). This is why I love the internet: when I googled "famous one-eyed pirates" I actually found a list! However, I was foiled again because there are apparently no really famous one-eyed male pirates. There's a female pirate who lost an eye. And there's this one guy from Persia, but no one's ever heard of him.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Think Soap Operas. There's Patch from Days of Our Lives.
http://www.stephennichols.com/tv/days_one.html

Unknown said...

For those of you who haven't seen the Hathaway Shirt Man...

www.hathawaystore.com