Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yogini Linguini

July 27

Every day I get several emails that keep me updated on what's going on in the ad industry. Today there were two interesting tidbits: the first was about the girl who got lost a job because of the content of her blog; the second is about the racy Burger King website that got so many complaints in the first 24 hours that they had to do some quick edits to remove the sexual inuendo. It always makes me howl when people act like idiots and are then surprised when they catch flack for it. Of course, had I started this blog anonymously, maybe I'd be acting like more of an idiot, too. Who knows?

After work, I went to a yoga class that was the least challenging hour I've ever spent in a gym. I should have known when I noticed that I was surrounded by the cast of Cocoon. Ah, well.

At home, I tried to cook again. Why do I bother? I'm really just a bachelor at heart. I wish I had an Alice, either one from the Brady Bunch or Mel's diner would be fine. I'll bet neither Alice ever tried to cook linguini and frozen veggies in the same pot at the same time. Honestly, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

3 comments:

DANIELBLOOM said...

http://homepage1.nifty.com/s-ozeki/iroiro/20050221/nigorizake1i.jpg


This is what you need for those long days in Alice in Wonderland Japan!

Gina said...

Are you kidding me? Where you in a post-yoga/sleep trance? Actually, it's not such a crazy idea. A better idea is to use some sort of canned broth or stock to boil your noodles and FRESH veggies at the same time.

kristin said...

perhaps you'd be better off with a package of Ramen noodles or the japanese equivalent, just dump it in and boil.