Friday, July 01, 2005

Smooth Landing



4:15 PM Friday
The flight to Tokyo was a little over 13 hours. I was in business class, so it was not the horrifying nightmare that I thought it would be. I lucked out and ended up having a very cool seatmate (Hi, Donald!) who also works in Pharma. Plus, they fed and watered us every two hours.

The flight was actually a relief after the last few days. The prospect of this trip had me going crazy. I ran around Philadelphia and New York running errands and trying to get everything together. I was insane, buying clothes and toiletries as if I would never find socks or toothpaste in Asia. My mother actually had to stop me from putting three rolls of Target wrapping paper in the cart. I think the Japanese actually invented wrapping paper. What was I thinking?

Anyway. I’m here now. Let the adventure begin!
(Note: new pictures posted, Mom and me on June 30 in NYC, waiting for the car to the airport; the plane what brought me here.)

No comments: