Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's Magic! (Sayonara Party Further Continued)

2:00 am. We couldn't possibly call it a night this early. So a small group of us went out in search of more drinks and a glimpse of weird Tokyo.

One of the guys took us into a nondescript building (is there any other kind?) and down three flights of dimly-lit stairs saying, "Now, you'll see the real underground Tokyo!" I really thought that we were going to one of those seedy clubs that you see in the movies. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

I should have known to take him literally. Three floors down is a hidden gem: TOKI, a magic bar!

We got there just in time to order a drink and watch the floorshow. A young magician did about 10 minutes of magic wherein he produced three strangely colored live doves, levitated a table, and made a guy in the audience where a fish mask. We loved it. After the show, the two magicians roamed through the room doing tricks at each table. The female magician had me write my name on a card, shuffle the deck, and give the deck back to her. Suddenly, there was my card - stuck to the ceiling. Maybe it was just the vodka/tonics talking, but I was impressed.

We finally left to go home at around 3:30. I was not convinced that I would make it to my client meeting at 9:00 am. Two alarm clocks were set....



It's all in the name of showbiz. I just can't believe it wasn't me in the fish hat.

The big finish.

How'd she do that?

Kodak Moment.

1 comment:

jolott said...

The card on the ceiling should be your new business card. It's so you!