Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Last Day at the Office


Friday

Unbelievably, I made it to my client meeting, showered and suited, by 8:30 am. Saucy and BakiBu also made it in time, which might qualify as a minor miracle. I was really thrilled that it was my last client meeting. It's nice to hand the reigns over to someone else for a change.

The day was a blur of packing up, finishing projects, saying goodbyes. There were a few more tears (shocking!) and gifts (yea!). I went to lunch with Ami and Saucy at my favorite local sushi place and then to a tea salon with one of the creative directors.




Ami and Saucy

I had dinner with the soon-to-be retired Group Pres. He took me to one of his favorite places, an old fashioned, "mom & pop" style place. He was definitely a regular. Mom and Pop greeted him like an old friend and seemed to know what he wanted before he asked for it.


The Group Pres is a really interesting guy. He was born and raised in Japan but was educated in international schools. After he retires, he's planning on taking 6 months to canoe around the southern islands of Japan. Ambitious Japan, indeed.

Later, I went out with some of the girls for Naoko's birthday. We had to make it an early night (home by 1:00 am!) because Miki, Naoko, and I had to be at the airport at 5:45 am for our flight to Okinawa. Luckily, I don't sleep anyway.

This was at a Danish place called Cafe Daisy.

Little Devils. Naoko (right) with her friend Yuka.

No comments: