Sunday, November 20, 2005

Lazy Day by the Pool



Tuesday, November 15

We decided to make today a free day to laze around and take advantage of the Sheraton Mirage resort. I was up around 9:00 and I decided to go for a run on the beach. Of course, I underestimated how difficult it is to actually run on sand, especially since I'm not in such great shape, so it turned into more of a granny-jog/power-walk/beach-combing session.

I took advantage of the breakfast buffet (they had vegemite and nutella packets!) before squeezing myself into my humiliating bathing costume and heading off to the pool.



Bliss. My view of the world for most of the day.

I amused myself by taking pictures of the hotel and another walk on the beach.

One of the five "lagoons" at the hotel.


Another view of the lagoons.

Four Mile Beach was just outside our hotel.

In the afternoon, I went to the resort spa where some woman beat the crap out of me for an hour. Again, bliss.

For dinner, Doug and I went back into town and ate at a BYO ("bring your own" liquor/beer, etc) Thai restaurant. There was a black out that effectively shut down every business in town. There was one bar that had a generator, so everyone headed there for more drinks. Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes the generator died and we were all left to finish our beers and get the hell out. When we asked the taxi driver what caused the black out he said, "Lack of electricity, mate."

The one place with a generator, after it died.

The Sheraton, of course, was lit up like Christmas. They must have some sort of super generator. We headed into the bar for a few more drinks. There was a singer there who played the guitar fairly well. There was also a party of four revellers who had us laughing with their crazy dancing and their attempt to hijack our nuts. (Minds out of the gutter, please).


Nuts people.

No comments: