Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sydney Aquarium

Saturday, November 5

It was a good thing Doug and I pushed ourselves yesterday to see the sights because we were fairly useless today. We slept late and then lounged on Tisha’s patio, chatting and snacking on tea and toast. Doug and I tried Vegemite. I prefer Skippy.

It’s Spring in Australia, so it’s not as hot as we expected and it’s been intermittently raining. While we found the rain a little annoying, the people of Sydney don’t complain because they are in the midst of a very long drought.

We didn’t leave the house until after 1:00 pm and we planned on going to the zoo. Once we found the right train to the right bus to the right ferry, we attempted to buy a “zoo pass” from the ferry ticket lady, we’ll call her Marge.


Marge said, sternly: “No. It’s too late for the zoo today. You’ll go to the aquarium today and do the zoo tomorrow.” And that was that.

So, the aquarium it was. Cool exhibits, although we were gypped on the seals (there were only two: one was sound asleep and the other was working overtime swimming in circles to make up for it). They naturally have an entire room devoted to Nemo and his crew.


After a light bite at a place called Pier 26, we headed home. My cold is morphing into some sort of plague. I’ve been guzzling Robitussin straight from the bottle. I think I’ve developed tussin resistance.

No comments: