Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Why I Love Karaoke in Japan (Sayonara Party Continued)

11:00 PM: About 20 of us left the Chinese restaurant and headed over to the nearest Big Echo karaoke box. The Aussie promised to pay, so attendance was high.

Why I love Karaoke in Japan:

It's the great equalizer. The most senior managers sing along with the receptionists.
The Pres sings "Smile" asa his sayonara to his favorite gaijin. (That's me).
People who normally don't even crack a smile get up and shake some booty.

People choose the most unlikely songs.

The Aussie knows every word to "My Heart Will Go On." Seriously.

Everybody gets backup singers and percussion!

He's like my version of the Harlettes.

The new Aussie (maybe I'll call him the "Saucy") can snuggle with someone he doesn't even know. And that's OK!

Making a good impression.

Schoolgirl crushes are revealed...

And they call it puppy love.

And everyone poses for crazy pictures.



No comments: