Thursday, August 11, 2005

150 mg QID for 7 Days

Adventures in Dentistry
I mentioned in my last post that I had a toothache. So began the hunt for an English-speaking dentist in Tokyo. I was finally referred to the Tokyo Dental Clinic where the mild-mannered Dr. Ward hooked me up with some good old-fashioned antibiotics. But not before he insisted on a consultation with my dentist in NYC. Shout-out to Dr. Binder for leaving his home number on his answering service and picking up the phone at 10PM! Holla!

Some of you asked if dentistry is the same in Tokyo. Hopefully, I will never really know the answer to that. But, the office was clean and had all kinds of sharp, pointy instruments that looked familiar. They were displayed right out in the open though, which caused some concern. Shouldn’t they be floating in some kind of sterile solution or wrapped up in cellophane? I just closed my eyes and thought of England.

The best thing was that the building had a pharmacy on the ground floor and there was NO WAIT for my Rx. Unheard of!

So, I’m happily medicated. Always a good thing.

Grand Slam of Plastic Surgery
I’m watching Larry King Live on CNN. Larry’s guests tonight are Kirk Douglas, Michael Douglas, and Lee Grant. It’s billed as: “Legendary Father and Superstar Son in Rare Hour Together.” It should be called: “Our Plastic Surgeon Knows No Boundaries.”
All four of them (including Larry) look pickled. I know poor Kirk had a stroke a few years back, but his face is frightening. Michael is just creepy. And Lee Grant is channeling Barbra Streisand. Click here for more awful plastic surgery.

1 comment:

Gina said...

How funny that you linked to Awful Plastic Surgery, as we were perusing this site earlier today. Poor Pete Burns! He's more f-ed up than Boy George.