Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Care Package!

Tuesday

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I stayed home from work again today. I promise I will go tomorrow. In my defense, I think it was a good idea. I spent the day reading inspirational literature (OK, it was astrological advice, but I found it comforting) and watching tributes to Peter Jennings and updates on the space shuttle.

FYI: astrologically speaking, Mercury is in retrograde until August 15. A-ha! That explains everything.

I was hanging out on my balcony checking out the neighborhood and I noticed a tiny cafe that I've never seen before. It's called the "Tram Street Cafe." It's so cute. I think the building that it's out in front of is someone's house.

The major highlights of my day today were a phone call and a care package from Doug! Doug has been horrified (as he should be) by the low quality of my photography so he went out and bought me not one, but two portable tri-pods. I'm so excited to try them out. I was also happy to discover a box full of Doug-style treats including: an assortment of Altoids mints, gum and candy, Bliss aloe leaf and peppermint foot cream (for my inner diva), a few interesting articles from travel mags (including the itinerary for my next trip to Kyoto. I;m definitely doing it in style next time!). Best of all, there was a container of Doug-made chocolate-chip cookies hand-decorated with famous Japanese icons such as Mothra and Hello Kitty. He even provided a "key" just in case they didn't make the trip intact. I think I'm supposed to share them with my co-workers. I'll definitley try to remember to do that.





No comments: