Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Japan Brings Joy to Creative Team

During my time here I've found many wild and wacky snacks, most of which I've been afraid to try. So, I did what any science-minded gal would do, I packed up a selection and shipped it off to my friend Doug and the other creatives in his zoo. Here's his response:

What a pleasant surprise in the living hell that is my life this week to walk into my office after concepting with Ted to find a severely dented box on my desk with a heathen language on the sides. I was about to call Homeland Security when I realized that it was from you! You are nuts. But THANK YOU for such a splendiferous jumble of Japanese delights! The box had a giant dent (see pictures) but luckily nothing inside was damaged. I found it amusing that the Post Office didn't even TRY to undent it or pretend that they cared in any way. In any event, we have already pilfered. My personal favorite was the hard candies with little angry men on them. Entertaining and yummy to boot. I've also gone through most of the Thank You chocolates. Of course the pad is lovely. The asparagus biscuits are good, but asparagus is neither the flavor nor even in the ingredients. By the way, did you notice the credit line in English on the bottom of the package with the hot middle eastern dude? He must be a Bollywood star because it says MUTHU Kavithalayaa Productions in association with Eden Entertainment (see a review at http://www.rajinifans.com/Review/Muthu.asp). I've attached some pix of the package as it arrived and of us enjoying the booty (at least to the extent that I have been willing to share!). There's also a sketch that Ted made of me today that is quite fearsome.

Doug, looking angry and confused

No comments: