Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Assassins of Time

This was how I looked all day on Tuesday and most of Wednesday.
PMS is a terrible thing.

I've complained for so many weeks that I don't have enough to do at the job, but now I am so busy that I hardly have time to eat. Communication lunches have been completely abandoned along with any attempt on my part to at least pretend to be patient with the assassins of time at this office.

The Aussie is moving at a frenetic pace and I am finding myself racing to keep up with him. The good news is that he is starting to trust me and regard me as an important part of his transition team. The bad news is that I am now in a constant state of anxiety, aggravation, and anorexia. I've been operating with a pit in my stomach and I think I've developed a twitch.

We've interviewed two candidates for the interpreter job. One was worthless and available immediately. The other one was great but can't start until January. After the interview I sat through another two hour meeting that was supposed to be in English but wasn't. I kept trying to escape but the senior guy kept saying, "No, we really need your input."

The new CD said, "You look ready to kill someone." Oh, my list is long. Very long.

No comments: