Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Karaoke Deluxe

After a long weekend of medical intrigue, we took the Texans out for a night of karaoke. Before we left, most of them were trying to bail out. They were so exhausted, I don't blame them. I was ready for bed by 7:30 pm.

We got to the karaoke place, which was superdeluxe, and the energy was pretty low. I felt that as masterofceremonies, it was my duty to keep the Texans motivated. So, I put in all the old favorites: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Walk Like an Egyptian, and the Madonna Medley. The Pres and the topdoc from Texas (who is originally from Japan) did Y.M.C.A. in Japanese.

Next thing we know, it's almost midnight and I'm loading Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 in to the machine. What a way to make a living, indeed.


This room had about 30 seats in it, three plasma screens, and a waitress. I love rich people!

Notice how many drinks there are in this picture.

Group sing. Probably some Billy Joel song. They love Billy Joel.

Joyce from Texas auditioning for a role in a karaoke video as "lovesick woman waiting for her man to come home." I told her that her subtext was "survive!"

Hi-tech touch screens. Too bad it's all in Japanese.

The Pres cuttin' a rug with Wendeline from Texas.

No comments: